Life in the Eyes of John

A blog on life, love, people, cars, and everything I can think about...

Saturday, January 27, 2007

1981

I wrote this during the Saigon Apartment Demo sessions. Enjoy!

Hello world, 11th of July.
I was a shy and carefree kid, don't know why.
Mom and dad were great; hope I made them proud.
School was boring and fun; I remember the guys and girls, where are they now?
I always rode a bike in the afternoons,
it was great; I always imagined I was a grand prix racer.
And as early as 7, I already wanted to drive a car,
but dad won't let me since I was just a kid,

and everyday I woke up, I said,
"here comes another day."
Everyday, I can't wait
'til I was eighteen years of age.

And I lived and prayed
every night and day
and I took every step
in that space and time,
and I know why I'm here,
and why I'm still alive.

I was young and I didn't care what my life was for,
and now I am thinking why I had been born
in 1981.

While I was in college, I fell in love with the woman of my dreams.
I'll marry her someday, and have kids of our own.
Waited two years for her to say "yes" to me,
and I have to say it's still the sweetest thing that ever happened.
Right after graduation, we got work right away.
We're both into computers; she's an analyst, I'm a consultant.
We've got jobs that pay well, and we're well on our way.
Right now, we're working overtime,

and I'm spinning around,
I'm spinning around this world,
and I'm thinking about
all the reasons why I'm here.

And I walk and say
"I am here today"
to live out my life
in this space and time,
but why am I here?
Why am I still alive?

Is it enough that I go on by my way?
Or is there a meaning why I had been born
in 1981?

What is my purpose in this world
that never gets tired of going around?
Am I meant to be a hero,
or just another face in the crowd?
Am I here to make a diff'rence,
or just walk along with everyone and anyone?
Why do I have to live this life
I have?

Someday, when I'm old,
I'll look back at my yesterdays.
I'll look at the choices I have made.
Will they be wrong or right?

And I'll walk and say
"I will live my day"
and I'll take each step
in the light I face.
I'll know why I'm there,
and why I chose that life.

Would the life that I'll live be enough before I die?
Will there be a meaning why I had been born
in 1981?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home