Life in the Eyes of John

A blog on life, love, people, cars, and everything I can think about...

Monday, August 30, 2004

Field Trip

Yesterday, I had a field trip to a place where I've been wanting to go to since last year: Lucena, Quezon.

For your information, it's a place more or less 180 kilometers away from Quezon City (2 to 3 hours - depending on traffic and driving style), and is the hometown of my dear Katrina. She spent her childhood there, growing up with Jason, her grandmother and aunts.

It felt nice learning more about Katrina by simply knowing landmarks from the city. She pointed out where she was born, where she gave offerings back then, where she mingled in the marketplaces, and where her lola lived.

We went there primarily to attend Sanjhar's 4th birthday. Although for me, I went there because I was itching to.

Right now, though, I got to catch up with my sleep. I want to take half the day off and sleep.

I remember telling her grandma last night: "Sa uulitin po." I hope to have another field trip sometime soon - not too soon, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home