Life in the Eyes of John

A blog on life, love, people, cars, and everything I can think about...

Friday, August 06, 2004

Double Vision

I'm starting to really love work. Aside from learning materials, I have a fast internet connection (100Mbps... not bad at all...), a laptop I could take home, and a desk space (by monday, I'll be bringing a paper rack to make my space even tidier than it is).

But today, I got something even better. I am now working with TWO monitors. That's right. TWO monitors linked to my laptop - one is the LCD that comes with the laptop (which is my left screen), and the other is a good, old CRT (to my right) which I found lying around collecting dust. I got the idea from the basis team - which have two video cards, one PCI and one AGP, with each of their desktop PC's and with whopping 18" monitors, and from my seatmate Aris, who did a LCD-CRT, split-screen setup yesterday.

Essentially, what Aris and I did was to connect the monitors via the video slot (whatever you call this thing that connects your video card to your monitor). Then, we went to Display Properties, then settings, then placed a check on the box which says "Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor".

And, ta-da! I'm blogging on the left screen while YM-ing and working on the right.

Ain't this just fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home