Life in the Eyes of John

A blog on life, love, people, cars, and everything I can think about...

Monday, May 03, 2004

Finding Nemo - Palawan Version

I went to El Nido Resorts in Palawan with my family and relatives. Very nice... a 5-star island resort with buffets every meal, swimming pool, snorkeling, island hopping, scuba diving, and kayaking.

Anyways, one of the best parts was when I went snorkeling over the corals. Aside from meeting plenty of Dory and Scarface fishes (refer to cartoon), I was able to meet a couple of Nemo-lookalikes.

It was cool! They got this straw-ish house, and they barely leave it. It's strange though... they're really protective fish. I mean, like in the cartoon.

I swam down to their house to get a closer look at the clownfish. I saw "daddy", and 3 "kids". When my face was less than 2 feet away from their home, "daddy" came rushing out and confronted me - staring at me, waiting for me to move forward.

Didn't move forward though, but bro, I guess, got too close to one of their homes on his scuba dive. He mentioned that the clownfish continuously charged into his goggles! Cool!

Anyways, it was a fun experience - something I might go back to in, say, 5 years maybe... in a honeymoon suite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home