Life in the Eyes of John

A blog on life, love, people, cars, and everything I can think about...

Thursday, March 18, 2004

The Tragedy of the Local Entertainment Industry

I happened to stumble upon Morning Girls this morning. Apparently, the show was all about promoting this new macho boy band.

Frankly, they suck.

Sadly, they're almost brain-dead. Here's a sample dialog from a waiter-demo:

HOST: Anong ire-recommend mong drink?

DUMB: Bale (name of drink) na lang, para ma-cool kayo.

"Ma-cool"? Stupid.

Okay... maybe they'll earn a little more cash than I would on a gig, but... puta naman... what will happen to the audience - mostly the C to E classes?

Take a good, hard look at the local music industry. What's the moral lesson of Spaghetti and Otso-otso? They claim it's for the sake of fun and entertainment.

You know what I think? It's subliminally telling people that it's okay to be dumb.

Now I heard some dumb guy sing AWFULLY, and get an applause. SABLAY TALAGA!!! If I were a judge, I'd give ALL of them the boot. I wanted to play Simon for a moment.

Fine, they're buff and have physical aesthetic appeal, just like your ideal labandero. Therefore, I think the group should be called "Labanderos".

Kaya humihirap ang Pilipinas, dahil pinababayaan nilang maging bobo ang mamamayan.

But the industry is smart, rather cunning, no doubt. Get more dumb people, and you get a bigger audience, which in effect gets higher revenues.

One other thing I've noticed... you don't see smarter pinoy music on the racks nowadays. It's plain pop... dumb pop. So smart music comes from overseas. Patay na naman tayo.

Some guy was able to dance. I don't care. They're all dumb.

How I wish I can control the industry... it's plain ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home