Life in the Eyes of John

A blog on life, love, people, cars, and everything I can think about...

Monday, March 29, 2004

Test Drive for Free

Initial-D is fun. Aside from being a relatively pricey game (Php22 per game; 3 minutes per game), you get to beat the crap out of wannabes, get kicked by veterans, and get to learn how to think-drive faster.

Oh, and you get to show off, too.

Right now, I'm sporting a 600k-point Tune A Lancer Evo IV. It's got a 55% winning ratio against humans, and a 100% win ratio against the computer.

But earlier, I got to talk to a relative newbie who sported a 700k-point Tune A '86 Trueno. He's a fan of the Initial-D anime, and got that car because it's the one used by the main character.

After losing to him twice (since his car was quicker in Akina than mine...), I told him he had a better car for that track. Eventually, we got into a conversation where I got to share what I learned from the internet (http://www.initial-d.com).

Eventually, after coaching the guy how to drive, he allowed me to test drive his Trueno. He said he wanted to see how the car goes on more skilled hands.

Cool! I got to play for free! 22 pesos din yun!

Compared to my Evos and Kat's Integra, the Corolla Trueno was FAST. Plus, it had a feather-light steering wheel. Sadly, it tends to oversteer, and it's not stable like the Evos or the Integra, which means more countersteer-with-tedious-gas-pumping-action.

Top speed of my Evos is 203 km/h. Kat's Integra only went 198 km/h last time I drove it. The Trueno ran 208 km/h when I held it. Nice.

Sad thing is I didn't get his name, nor he got mine. Oh well... another racer in Timezone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home