Life in the Eyes of John

A blog on life, love, people, cars, and everything I can think about...

Saturday, March 13, 2004

Jekylla and Hydea

As I write this article, I'm chowing on a mango float Katrina gave me this afternoon. It's yummy! Sweet niya, di ba? Ambait pa!

She is so sweet, you might not imagine her other side.

Just a few hours ago, on our way to Glorietta's midnight sale (she's fond of discounts...) with her cousin Jason (also likes discounts...), my '89 Lancer had cooling problems. Apparently, the worn-out alternator-and-water-pump belt broke. No engine water circulation, no engine cooling; which leads eventually to overheating and, if you're not smart enough, a broken engine. The car already got hot enough earlier to eat up the engine-to-radiator rubber hose!

So we went to Petron and parked the car there. Thankfully, they had a mechanic... but no spare parts. So I went out to get some parts, while Katrina and Jason ate at McDonalds.

After I got the parts, and on my way back, I got a text message that my car was blocking a jeep. I just texted back that I was on my way back and that the jeep can make it. Why did my car block the way? I didn't leave the keys at the gas station for security purposes, and yanked the handbrake hard as so not to make the car move even with ten people pushing it.

When I got back, I saw an already infuriated Katrina. She told me not to apologize to some lady with the jeep.

Apparently, the lady was forcing the doors of my car open without even asking my girl. I mean... the lady could have been smarter by asking my girlfriend, then asking a mechanic to open the lock (I saw how it's done, and it'll take less than a minute with just a stiff, thin stick).

And so I saw the jeep already getting out of its parked position without even the danger of ramming my car. That got Katrina even more furious.

What ensued afterwards was, well... B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! They went on to have a very entertaining debate. Just visit http://www.katrinachua.blogspot.com for details.

But I won't skip these lines... da best 'to, sobra...

ALE: *probinsyana accent* You shut up!

KAT: No, YOU shut the fuck up!

* ALE charges KAT, hand wound up to slap KAT, but JOHN walks in between ALE and KAT, faces ALE, prepared to counter-attack. ALE stops, starts cussing about again.

Later on...

ALE: Ah! Punyeta, punyeta, punyeta!

KAT: Eto sa 'yo! *flashes one finger salute*

After the jeep goes with the ale, and the car got fixed and watered (the radiator dried up), we were laughing about what transpired, and blamed everything on the guy who went with me to buy the parts (we got lost and almost got to Guadalupe).

Ain't Kittie the coolest?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home