Life in the Eyes of John

A blog on life, love, people, cars, and everything I can think about...

Friday, March 26, 2004

Dinner at Eight

A few hours from now, I'll be taking a test for RamCar to determine whether I'm qualified for being a SAP programmer/analyst. Hope I get through. It's just three jeeps away from home, and Katrina's house is two jeeps away (hmm... since when did I measure distance by jeeps?).

But yesterday was splendid. After going to the Quezon Avenue MRT Station, I went to Hi-Top to but ingredients for a pasta dinner for Katrina and her family. Yep, my treat! I bought chicken breast fillets, San Remo spiral pasta (para cute), Del Monte tomato sauce, and Cadbury Time Outs (pasalubong kay darling).

Afterwards, I went to Angelicum to meet up with Katrina and to get my transcript; however, the registrar said they won't be able to give me a copy until the 2nd or 3rd week of April. Oh well... so I paid up P50 for my request.

We then went home and prepared a very nice dinner meal. While Crumpy the dog chewed on my jeans and socks, I cooked Spiral Pasta with Chicken Garlic Tomato Sauce. Kat cooked up Chicken Fingers (since I bought way too many chicken breast fillets). Eventually, upon finding pita bread in the freezer, the Chicken Fingers evolved into Chicken Caesar Go-Go's!

When dinner time came, the folks at their house were delighted with the food; something that really warms up the heart. Pwede na raw pang-restaurant! Magtayo kaya kami ni Kat. Hehe...

What's fun about is that, after a tedious preparation, I get to enjoy the food with Kat and her family. At the same time, it forms a nice bond around.

Next time, I just hope the dog won't eat my pants...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home