Life in the Eyes of John

A blog on life, love, people, cars, and everything I can think about...

Monday, March 22, 2004

A Date and 50 First Dates

My day started at around 9:00 in the morning. At first, I thought I'll be late 'coz I'll be meeting my darling by ten. So, for starters, I rushed in the shower, used Nizoral shampoo (thanks to a weird dream where I filled up a basin with dandruff), got dressed, and rushed to get a jeep.

A few minutes before 10:00 in the morning, I was at the doorstep of Kat's house. Apparently, she was still enjoying her sleep... so... let her be. Thank goodness Andre, her youngest sibling (of three siblings), was there to open the door. By the time I got in, I was playing with their pet dog Crumpy (or Snoopy or... er... whatever that ends in -py).

Fifteen before eleven o'clock, I saw her descending the flight of stairs with a wide smile on her face, the kind of smile that says "sorry" and "wow, you're here". Can't help but feel good.

Then we spent a lot of time talking on the couch. It's one of those talks that we haven't had for quite some time. For one thing, the last time we had a nice, lightening talk like that was before that crap thesis came about. In fact, it was so nice, I lost track of time!

After a while, we went to Glorietta, arrived there quarter before two. We then got tickets to 50 First Dates, as well as some delicious snacks (I was hungry, and she wanted to chow lots, so we got Oliver's Mediterranean Basil Chicken, popcorn and nachos from Taters, and... that's it).

The movie is sweet, hilarious, with a pinch of drama (typical romantic comedy recipe). It's very funny, and is highly recommended. Actually, it kind of made me think if I got amnesia and I had to repeat every day all over again. Sana kaya ako pagpasensyahan (o pagtiyagaan) ni Kat... *Smiles, certain John will get a good answer.*

After the movie, we went to Timezone and played a bunch of games. Since Initial-D was crowded with losers (harharhar!), we went around playing other games... games we also found hilarious. One game that really got our ticklebones was Hyper Bishi-Bashi Champ. It's totally funny, you'd definitely have to try it (just try to understand the visual instructions and ignore the Korean)!

Afterwards, we went home, all smiles and laughter. It made me think that for every single sorrow, there will always be laughter... and when the laughter and the happiness comes, I feel that it was all worth it.

I love you, Katrina May! And I always will...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home